Thursday, August 20

colour love


I love the colour of this little vase. It is about 6" high and I bought it on sale from my favourite shop in the world Liberty of London last year for a mere £6. I have it by my bed so the first thing I see when I wake up is a flash of this exquisite coral.
Sometimes I fill it with these
a Rose called "compassion" that has the most beautiful scent and some Sweet Peas that I can't remember the name of. I get such joy from picking flowers from my garden, a simple pleasure that I anticipate all through the Winter. These Roses start as a blushing pink and fade to an apricot sorbet. They are as compelling the day they are picked as they are 2 weeks later faded and fallen like an an old chiffon scarf. If you are looking for a climber that's hardy, beautiful and great for cut flowers then I highly recommend this old beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails