Friday, May 4

Garden progress


For those of you not following me on Instagram 
here is my garden progress

To see before picture go HERE

This is what I have done so far

*Laid Pavers, this not only gives easier access to back of border and stops the kids walking on plants, but it also divided the border into 3 sections which was a much more manageable project 
*dug up weeds, pulling out roots 
*dug up plants and cleaned the roots (removed entangled weed roots)
*Split large plants and moved them
*Moved other plants
*Planted new plants including Lupins, Foxgloves, Daisies, Penstemons, Peonies (although these take a few years to flower)  and delphiniums
*Applied chicken manure
*Put down bark mulch between plants to try and discourage weeds


Here it is Mulched
 I have seedlings planted of Cosmos and Larkspur 
which i will plant out early June


Looking forward to a blooming marvelous summer

5 comments:

  1. That must have been hard work; I'm particularly impressed by cleaning the roots. I hope to have a sea of poppies and lavender myself this summer after all my digging efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hard work it was,
    do post pics of your flowers when they bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen:
    Clearly a great deal of work has gone on in recent weeks and you should soon be reaping the benefit of all of your efforts. One season of neglect, as your images show, can reap havoc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes J&L was quite unbelievable !!
    It was a lot of work but i loved every moment of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen it will be such a beautiful garden!!

    I have featured an Interview with Tina from The Enchanted Home...

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails